The Chadha Center for Global India (CGI) is collaborating with the Keller Center to launch the fourth location of the Princeton Startup Immersion Program (PSIP) in Bengaluru, India in the summer of 2023. We encourage you to explore how you can be a part of PSIP's 10-week summer internship program. As an internship host, you will welcome top Princeton University undergraduate and graduate students from all academic disciplines to join your team. Applicants will apply to your internship openings through a rigorous and competitive application process that includes a 'challenge puzzle' provided by each startup. The 'challenge puzzle' is intended to showcase the applicants’ creativity and problem-solving aptitude.
What are the dates of the internship?
- Bengaluru: June 5 - August 11, 2023
Will interns be remote or in-person?
At this time, we are planning for 2023 to be in an in-person format in Bengaluru, India, with a remote contingency plan to ensure we are ready to pivot if there is a change in global health and safety conditions. You will be asked to indicate in your application whether or not you are able to support a remote format should it become necessary.
What can startups expect from PSIP interns?
PSIP is open to Princeton undergraduate and graduate students of any academic major. Our applicants are entrepreneurial in spirit and innovative in nature. They have excellent verbal and written English abilities, top-notch technical skills, and are motivated and self-driven learners. PSIP students are savvy consumers with perspectives of the U.S. and other international markets, languages, and cultures.
What do we look for in a PSIP internship host?
Startup companies are carefully selected to provide the following:
- The company is located in Bengaluru.
- The company is keen to provide mentorship and guidance to their intern with regular feedback and progress checkpoints.
- The interns must be provided with a desk and a physical work location.
- The interns must be assigned projects that are meaningful and impactful toward the company’s product or services, and that have clear deliverables and milestones.
What is the startup host's financial commitment?
- Host companies in Bengaluru can provide an optional allowance, to offset meals or local travel, but it is not mandated. The program will cover travel, accommodation, a living stipend, and extra-curricular activities.
How do I become a PSIP host?
Please submit the host application form