Join us for a free, virtual interactive workshop on
Sustainable and Resilient Post-Covid Cities in the US and India: Innovations and Lessons Learned
A workshop hosted by Princeton University’s M.S. Chadha Center for Global India and the Andlinger Center for Energy and the Environment with ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability (US and South Asia).
Workshop attendees will include city leaders, planners, and engineers from the US and India. Register now to hear their unique perspectives!
What is it about: The workshop follows a series of exploratory interviews conducted in 2020 of 26 US and Indian cities exploring how COVID-19 related closures have impacted urban provisioning systems, and opportunities for transitions towards resilience, equity and sustainability.
The goals of the workshop are:
- Share and gain consensus on preliminary findings from the interviews of city leaders.
- Share innovations, lessons learned and knowledge gaps across cities.
- Facilitate group discussions for strategic thinking on post-COVID cities and nexus opportunities at the intersection of resilience, equity and sustainability.
Who will be at the workshop: City leaders, planners and engineers from the US and India.
WORKSHOP DATE AND TIMES
April 16, 2021
10:00 AM to 12:00 Noon EDT (US)
9:00 AM to 11:00 AM CDT (US)
7:00 AM to 9:00 AM PDT (US)
7:30 PM to 9:30 PM IST (INDIA)
Enabling dialogue across time zones: The timing enables us to reach cities across four time zones in the US and India, from early morning on the US west coast to later at night in India.
- Introduction and presentation of initial study findings across US and Indian Cities (25 minutes)
- Concurrent roundtable discussions (40 minutes)
- discussion with larger US and Indian cities
- discussion with smaller US and Indian cities
- Breakout sessions on 4 thematic topics (40 minutes)
- Dealing with multiple risks (co-occurring risks), planning for resilience
- Migration, housing & mobility
- Food security
- Reporting back and workshop wrap-up (15 minutes)
The workshop is hosted by the M.S. Chadha Center for Global India, the Andlinger Center for Energy and the Environment, ICLEI USA, and ICLEI South Asia.
Please click here for registration