Interested in designing an individual plant-based diet for yourself? Let the thousand-year-old science of Ayurveda from India help you in understanding your body types and what food is suited for your well being. Learn from the expert on what food to take and when. Take home delicious recipes and refreshing beverage ideas customized for your body type. This event is sponsored by the M.S. Chadha Center for Global India at Princeton University.
This event is open to Princeton University students, faculty, and staff. Registration is required.
- What is food – an Ayurvedic perspective?
- Importance of Agni – Digestive fire.
- Three types of foods based on Gunas – Effects they have in the Body and Mind – Saatvic, Rajasic and Tamasic.
- Importance of plant based foods and body types
- Raw and cooked foods – When to choose what?
- Incompatible foods – What not to combine in the same meal time
- Links to the types of foods and tea recipes based on your body type.
Discussion followed by Q&A
Meet the facilitator:
Vaidya (Dr) Priyaa Balaa has been practicing Ayurveda in the US and India for the past fifteen years. She completed her (B.A.M.S) Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery degree from the prestigious Dr M.G.R Medical University, Tamilnadu, India. She has a graduate degree in Psychology from the University of Madras, India and a Diploma in Yoga & Naturopathy. She also studied Acupunture and Acupressure in CBIATC ,Beijing, China and trained in Dr Vora's Accupressure under Dr Ravindran Kannan of Bangalore. Priyaa's unique approach to health integrates the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda, marma (energy points), Accupressure, Siddha with naturopathic cleansing, healing and relaxation through yoga & meditation. She is affiliated to SKY (Master -Simplified Kundalini Yoga), New Jersey chapter, AAPNA ( Membership Director -Association of Ayurvedic Professionals of North America), WISE (Research Scientist -World Institute of Scientific Exploration), Maryland, USA and IUYA (Faculty -International University of Yoga and Ayurveda), Salt Springs, Florida.